Monday, September 24, 2012

Holiday organizer

I have been seeing lots of holiday organizers on pintrest and blogs but none with directions so I decided to make my own. this is what I came up with and I think it will work fine for my needs.
I like to keep a list of gifts I buy because I have a habit of starting early and then hiding the gifts until Christmas. the problem is I most always forget where I hid a few of them and find them after Christmas has come and gone. So with my new organizer I think I will also note where I have hidden the gift. It might help!!
My organizer is very simple and does not have any additional decorations on the front just the beautiful card I used because this is going to be in my purse and I don't want it getting stuck on anything so I just used a ribbon to tie it closed. How did I make it??
Easy 1 piece of 12 x 12 card stock scored at 3, 6 & 9 inches then I turned it a quarter turn and scored at 4 inches. Fold the 4 inch piece up and accordion fold on the other score lines add some ribbon under the fold at the edges and glue in place when you glue the edges closed. I printed out some lined card stock and cut it into 2 inch strips to fit into the pockets. I printed some titles and punched them out with an oval punch glued them on and I am ready to go!!
thanks for stopping by.  Please come back on Sept. 29 & 30 for Creative Kuts Halloween blog hop for some fun Halloween projects and inspiration. 

No comments: